September 16, 2009

Gamer

I've always been a fan of playing video games. When I was growing up that's what most of the people in my neighborhood did. It was kind of funny because I used to beat everybody except by best friend. To this day I never understood how he managed to always have my number. It was basically only sports games that I was into. I would occasionally play some racing, adventure and army games. Now that I think about it I never had the chance to ever beat any army games. Leading into this movie, I'm sure glad I wasn't part of this adventure.

Interesting enough this movie is based on a video game that's played by real people. When I say real people I mean real people. Kable (
Gerard Butler) was a man on a mission at the very beginning played by (really played by) Simon (Logan Lerman). Simon is a young rich kid that's known around the world for his great game play. A big change has arrived when he has to help Kable get out. Angie (the hot girl Amber Valletta) is Kable's ex and is now struggling economically and has to pick up a role in a realistic world video game. The genius that started the whole game became the richest person in the world, passing Bill Gates in weeks.
Ken Castle (Michael C. Hall) is a mad man and has a way bigger plan than just games. Humanz is a organization that is out to stop Ken because they know what his ultimate goal is. Humanz is ran by Brother (Ludacris) and is very proud to get Kable on his side. With all type of futuristic battles going down, who knows what the end could be.

Again, I wasn't disappointed in this one. I don't really know that I'm kind of easily pleased or the movies I've seen lately are really good. I think the fact that I use to always imagine games being played like that made me even more interested. The casting of the movie was right on point and the action will keep you interested. If your not a video game person and you like action movies then you still want to see this one. Go to the theater, this is not a wait to go on dvd one. As a person not really into a lot of action you might want to wait.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading!