August 24, 2009

District 9

There is a lot of issues in my life. With most of the issues that I deal with I end up coming to some type of conclusion in the end. The one thing that is always going to puzzle me is aliens. In some cases it seems real to me because of the stories behind them. It could only mean two things, the people that tell these stories really have a great imagination or it really happens. I think I'm probably gonna stay a sceptical person until I or someone I personally know see's one.There's only been a couple of different extraterrestrial movies that I've seen. Most of them were by mistake, because I didn't know what they were about until I saw them. I couldn't imagine being isolated from everything else in the world and just having my own world. In most circumstances it always seems to be someone plotting to get out.

This movie is about a extraterrestrial race that is looked at as foreigners, per say. The aliens are confined to there own area and policed around the perimeter. The area is referred to as District 9 and there mother ship has been hovering above for more than 20 years. Everything goes on in District 9 that happens everywhere else in the world. With prostitution, drug lords (the Africans), gangs, everything expect government. Everything was going well until the aliens were told that they have to move. The government comes in and evicts them and government agent Wikus Van De Merwe (Sharlto Copley) was exposed to some fluid that was suppose to help the aliens get back to there mother ship. The fluid starts to turn Wikus into an alien and its all down hill from there.

I'm kinda up in the air with this one. Maybe it's just me but I didn't really like this one. A couple of people that I know saw this movie and liked it. It could have something to do with me being bias because I don't like alien movies. The movie has some hidden points in it about not judging people and racism. At the beginning of the movie I couldn't even take it seriously. I don't think it should have been made like a documentary because if it wasn't it wouldn't look so cheap. I can tell the budget wasn't that high because of the way it was made and no A Lister's or B Lister's. Overall if your an alien fan you might want to wait for dvd for this one with no rush.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading!