June 9, 2009

Dance Flick

Dance, dance, dance, I'm a dancing machine. Watch me get down, watch me get down. If you were a dancing machine in the mid 90's then you know the rest of the lyrics of this song. Growing up in my household you would have to be a music fan or else you wouldn't fit in. I have an older brother who was a dancing machine and of course I wanted to be better than him. That's just what younger brothers do, so I was also a dancing machine. You know how back in the day people use to make a circle at a dance and watch the person in the middle dance. I was that guy in the middle. The things we did growing up dancing isn't nothing compared to what they can do now a days. In the real versions of this movies the dances were crazy.

This movie is the make fun of all dance movie versions. In the same category as the Scary Movie sequels and this one is one of the best. It's crazy to me how funny the whole Wayans family can be. Of course making fun of movies started out with the Naked Gun series and Keenen Ivory Wayans ran off with it. This movie was directed by (I think his son)
Damien Dante Wayans but wrote by Keenen. The family was all through the movie which was predicted just because that's how the family works. The movie stars
Damon Wayans Jr. (son of Damon Wayans, My Wife and Kids) as Thomas. Thomas runs into a girl at school Megen (Shoshana Bush) and her friend Charity (the cute girl Essence Atkins) to teach them how to dance. Thomas is around some of the wrong people whenever he's with his dance partner A-Con (Affion Crockett) who tries to point him to the wrong directions.

It's kind of hard to do a review on a comedy movie that makes fun of other movies. The best thing I can say is this movie is funny. Some of my fellow blogger's doesn't agree with the way I feel about some comedies I've refereed but it's just my opinion. So if you haven't went and spent your money yet on this movie. My advice is go see it and you won't be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading!