June 2, 2009

Next Day Air

Well, it's been a minute since my last write. I want to aplogize to my follower.

Growing up in the hood has it's good times and bad times. The things you can run into can often change your life in a blink of an eye. At the wrong place at the wrong time is a regular cliche. At the right place at the right time is something you don't hear on a normal basis. A lot of the time it has something to do with where you are and whoever your around. Watching movies can often be rediculous and make most people say that only happens in movies.

In this movie it's the same thing, it only happens in the movies. I belive this movie is suppose to be a comedy. I'm not going to tell you that I didn't laugh in the movie but I guess I didn't find it that funny. The movie is about a couple different people meeting at a drug deal from different places. Leo (Donald Faison) who works for his mother at a delivery service drops off a drug package to the wrong address. Brody (Mike Epps) and Gooch (Wood Haris) are the reciever of this package which is a "gift from Jesus" to them. The proper owner Bodega( Emilio Rivera)course is very upset that the package didn't delivered to Jesus(Cisco Reyes) and Chita(the hot girl Yasmin Deliz). Now he's out to find out who got the package and willing to do whatever it takes. In the mean time Brody and Gooch decides to try to get rid of the package by calling his cousin Shavoo(Omari Hardwick) who is a big time drug dealer. Everything is all down hill from there.

This movie is not that funny to me compared to the potential it had. With all the actors that play in the movie I just thought it would be funnier. As expected the funny parts of the movie has something to do with Mike Epps. I do belive that Donald Faison has the potential to be a good actor but just not yet. I just have a lot of mixed feelings about this movie so I'm kinda stuck on between telling you to go see this at the theater or wait for video. With that said I guess I can start rating my movies with 1 being terrible 10 being great. I guess I'm going to give this movie a 7.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading!