June 25, 2009

Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun-Li

Ryu and Ken fighting on Guile    s stage in th...Image via Wikipedia

Growing up wasn't that different for me than the kids these days. Some of the things that my step kids do is the same as I use to do. The only difference I think I was outside a little bit more than they are. Whoever decided to think of a thing called video games was a bad dude. With me the only thing I was interested in was sports games and fighting games. Whatever could be turned into a competition is what I would be interested in. Mortal Combat and Street Fighter was the only games out there at the time. That was all we knew growing up. I was always into Street Fighter a little more than Mortal Combat. I really not sure why because in the later years Mortal Combat was still coming out with nice looking games. Street Fighter was the one that fell off until earlier this year. My favorite character on Street Fighter was the guy in the army suit(sorry I forgot his name). He use to do this backward flip kick that was unstoppable if I was playing with him.



This movie was kind of confusing to me because I wasn't sure if it had anything to do with the older version. They made a movie based off Street Fighter a long time ago. With that movie it was more about the bad team and the good team. This movie is about the story of Chin-Li, obviously. As she grows up it shows where she came from and what her mission is. A lot of characters aren't in this movie which was disappointing to me. It was Bison(Neal McDonough) which is the one Chin-Li(Kristin Kreuk) is out for revenge against. Cantana(Josie Ho) is one of the bosses, Balrog(Michael Clarke Duncan) Bison's right hand man and Gen(Robin Shou) who helped Chin-Li through her journey. Even Vaga(Taboo) had a very small part as the bad ass that does some of the dirty work. I guess it was some type of elite team that was out to get Bison's crew. The two leaders of that group were somebody name Charlie Nash(Chris Klein) and Det. Maya Sunee(the hot girl Moon Bloodgood). For some reason I get this feeling that there's going to be another one and there gonna get some type of power to become a character.

I really kind of like the other one a little better because of the action. The Legend of Chun-Li had a better story line. I can't remember if the movie came out after the newer video game or before. The story line I believe was from the original video game. The older movie also had way more characters in it which made it more interesting. Although this movie lacked all thee above I still think it was better than the Mortal Combat movie. If your just a fan of video game movies than you might just want to see this one.






Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading!