May 18, 2009

Obsessed

Relationships always have their ups and downs. Whenever you have a happy couple around it's always someone trying to bring you down. Like they always say misery loves company for some reason. For me personally I can tell when someone is a beer short of a six pack. They all have their own personal signs where you can tell they're a little off. I'm sure it's some type of statistic that shows that men are a little more crazy than women. Because whenever you hear about some type of domestic disturbance it's usually the man doing something. The funny part it's really shocking to the world when it's the woman that's doing the disturbing.



As you all know this movie is about a man Derek (Idris Elba) who is on top of his game in every aspect of his life. His beautiful stay at home mom Sharon (Beyoncé Knowles) who loves her little son. Everything is going great for them until Derek's office needs a temp and that's when it all goes down hill. When Lisa (Ali Larter) meet Derek in the elevator right then she knew what she wanted and was going to do whatever it took. They have their moment together when he does his little harmless flirting, but to her it was all she needed to hear. After that little talk she decided to take over his life.



To me it's a thin line between trying to be there for somebody and wanting them. I believe in the saying you can look but don't touch rule. I think that's all Derek was doing and she was the crazy one. I really don't think I can call this movie good or bad it's just very typical. Idris Elba is a pretty good actor and I can honestly say that Beyoncé did her best job out of all her movies yet. I'll put this movie in the chick flick category. This was or is a very hyped up movie so if you already spent your money at the theater sorry. If you haven't then just wait for a least the video store.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading!