May 3, 2009

Obeserve and Report

As I walk through the mall a couple of things go through my mind. Besides the normal things that everyone else think about like clothes and the people. I can't help but to think about some of the movies that involved malls. The blues brothers when they drove the cars through the mall getting chased by the police. Dawn of the Dead when the people was trapped in the mall and all the zombies was trying to get in. Now the latest Mall Cop when Paul Mart is a security officer that's motivated to become a real cop. Runs into some people trying to break into the mall and saves the day.
Observe and Report has a lot of similarities besides there both mall cops. In the movie Ronnie Barnhardt (Steth Morgan) is a really ambitious security officer who is also trying to get into the police force. Detective Harrison (Ray Liotta) is the anal cop who messes with Ronnie Barnhardt all through the movie. I guess the hot girl is Brandi (Anna Faris) and she works in the malls department store. I think she's a pretty funny person in her other movies like the "scary movies". In this one she isn't that funny just has some funny parts.
The movie it self is really blown out of proportion. Everything is such a big deal, the whole movie is about some pervert who runs around outside the mall naked. Showing his goods to every woman he see, the funniest parts of the movie. Ronnie (Seth Morgan) is a tad bit over board with his obsession wit becoming a cop. Has a drunken mother who shows no sign of being a good parent but tries to be there for her son.
As the producer, writer, or whoever decided to bring this movie out at this time knows that everyone in the world is going to compare this movie. I'm going give in and also do it. I say that I like Mall Cop a little better because its a little more real compared to Observe and Report. I don't want to judge Seth Morgan yet but he does a lot better in a movie than staring in one as the main charter. I think I will have to say you might want to wait for this to come out on dvd before you spend your movie money.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading!