May 6, 2009

The Reader

As we grow up in this world, almost where ever you are, it's always cool to have someone older. I'm talking about having a girlfriend/boyfriend that's a couple of years older. It's the people that's around you that tell you that your heart is gonna get broken or something bad is gonna happen. In the cases that I've seen it's somehow true. I'm not really sure on why it happens but I have my own perception. That's what this movie is about, the heart break, secrets, and failure of an older relationship.



This is a interesting movie/chick flick because of the situation that Michael Berg (Ralph Fiennes and David Kross) puts himself in. Micheal was found by Hanna Schmitz (Kate Winslet) at the bottom of her apartment throwing up. He was sick from having scarlet fever and he came back to thank her. At that point they somehow lock eyes and falls in love with each other. Due to the fact that they're twenty years apart, she was thirty five and he was fifteen. That can make most people turn in their stomach. It was all about the sex (nudity) at the beginning of the relationship then she realized he had to give up something. It turns out that all she wanted was for him to read to her. Later in life Michael becomes a law student and runs into Hanna at an open trial that involves her in the concentration camp.



The Reader is one of those movies that go back and forth from past to present. At first it kind of confused me but it didn't take long. To me movies like that just keeps me on my toes. Kate Winslet won an award for this movie. I hope it was for her acting and not just because she was naked through the first thirty minutes of the movie. Overall I think this was a pretty good movie. Again I'm going to say if your a sleeper you may not want to watch this one. It's a long and slow movie with no action, besides the sex. If you already seen this movie at the theater I hope you think it was worth it. I can say its worth your video rental cash.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading!