July 9, 2009

If I can only "Imagine That"

When I was younger my brother and I played a lot of things together. Everything from playing sports, video games and girls. There were times that I was by myself, because we're five and a half years apart, is when they showed up. During those times whenever I was alone I did have my own personal group of friends. It wasn't that serious when I was dealing with my imaginary friends. I wouldn't talk to them when I was in the public eye because I was imbaress to. The only time that I can remember talking to them is when I was playing with my toys. I'm not even sure that counts because everybody imagines that their toys talk to them.
It's really funny to me about how kids can have an effect on a lot of things that they have no idea what they're doing. It's crazy what amazing things kids have the ability to do. It's been everything like seeing dead people and seeing the future. My kids don't have any naturally born talents like that but I couldn't imagine it if they did.

This movie is about
Evan Danielson (Eddie Murphy) who is a struggling financial executive trying to make it to the top. Evan and his wife Tricia Danielson (Nicole Ari Parker) are split up and going through a custody battle. They have a cute little girl Olivia Danielson (Yara Shahidi) that's around eight or nine I think that's hurt from the break up. Due to the break up she creates these imagary charcters that argues to each other about the decession that she make. At one point Evan had his back was against the wall with a lot pressure on him to compete with the new successfull business partner Johnny Whitefeather (Thomas Haden Church). All Olivia wanted to do is spend a little time with her father. When Evan finally gave in to his daughter he was basically getting off his chest thoughts about the problems he was having at work. After he told her his problems about work Olivia talked to her imaginary friends and they came up with a soulution. It was all down hill from there kind of because he did end up spending way more time with her. It was a bad thing because it stemed from her doing what she can do for him. Evan gets a little out of control with his success until he hurts Olivia.

I thought this movie was a really, excuse my french , cute. It was a typical Eddie movie with all his over reacting funny stuff. Yara Shahidi is a good up and coming little girl that's gonna be a star one day. It's sad to see that some parents will use there own kids for there advantage. Besides that it really isn't much I didn't like about this movie. In all if you have kids and you just want a night out you won't be dissappointed in this one. If your kids are too bad for the theaters than just wait for it to come to your local video store.







Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading!