July 20, 2009

Public Enemies

It's a natural thing for an human being to adapt to a situation. It all depends on the situation that your in. How fast it takes but it's always done one way or the other. People could either make it work someway or just run away from it. For me personally I've been blessed enough to avoid any types of shoot outs in my neighborhood. They were all around my house and sometimes I even knew of the people that were involved. The times that I heard about them it wasn't never over anything that was worth it. If there ever is. People don't try to rob banks or other public places no more like they did back in the 40's or 50's. Of course you really can't compare the two different times because of the way law enforcement has adapted to modern times. I think it would be sweet to be a cop back in those days, to just shoot at every bad guy I see.

Of course this was a gangster movie about
John Dillinger(Johnny Depp) who was a really cocky bank robber. John had a really good crew that had his back at all times. John got his information about what banks to rob from Alvin Karpis (Giovanni Ribisi) who of course took his percentage off the top. Also in the picture for the feds to capture was Pretty Boy Floyd(Channing Tatum) and Baby Face Nelson (Stephen Graham). Melvin Purvis (Christian Bale) was the agent assigned to bring them down. Through out the movie Melvin was trying to figure out a way to bring them all down together.

I like this movie just because of the way John was so cocky about the way he did business. He knew that he couldn't be touched no matter what he did. With his charming personality he told his girl Viola Norris (
Elena Kenney) what he did and what he was going to do but she didn't care.There was also a part in the movie when John was at the peak of being investigated and he just walked right into the police station. He just wanted to know what they had on him, and it worked because he walked right out without anyone noticing him. He even talked to the officers. A friend of mine said that he thought it was too much shooting in the movie but I disagree. With most of the shooting I think it was just showing how much of a bad dude he was. If you haven't seen this movie yet then I don't know what your waiting on.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading!