July 2, 2009

Riding the taken of Pelhan 123

The Detroit People Mover from the <span class=Renisance Ce..." style="border: medium none ; display: block;" width="300" height="211">

Public transportation is an adventure in it's self. I use to and still hear all types of stories about the people on public transportation. I've been born and raised in Michigan so I never had the opportunity to ride the subway. The closest thing I've been on to the subway is the people mover in Detroit. The people mover is a small train that goes around just the downtown area in Detroit.
The news shows some of the crazy things that goes on the buses, but that's just about 30% of what happens. Most of the time it's only when something really server happens. The bus system kind of remind me of TBS theme "charters are welcome." If anyone ever just gets bored, just take the time to ride a bus all day and you'll be amazed at what you'll see. I'm not sure if I've said this before but it scares me to see some of these movies and not to wonder where they get these ideas from. I know that if I ever go to New York again I'm not getting on Pelhan 123.

This was a crazy one here
.
Walter Garber (Denzel Washington) is a recently demoted dispatcher who is at the wrong place at the wrong time. The pressure of Walter being on the radar for being accused of bribery gets to him. Ryder (John Travolta) is a fast talking "terrorist" who is very particular about what he wants out of everything. Ryder uses the transit station as his gate way to the police and the government. Ryder establishes a relationship with Walter through all there bs talk. To the rescue is the NYPD hostage team headed by Camonetti (John Turturro) and they want to take over everything. Since Ryder already established a friendship with Walter he won't talk with no one else. With all this chaos and money involved it just turns into a pride issue.

I have a couple of problems with this movie. To me it all just happened to fast. The caper started right at the beginning of the movie in which could be a good thing to some. It wasn't that predictable but I like for it to lead up to whats about to happen. In the movie it tells you what his whole motivation of taking the train was but it just wasn't that clear.I just found out that this is a remake of an older version and I'm curious to see that one. I personally got a kick out of
James Gandolfini playing the mayor of New York Pretty ironic from him being Tony Soprano a New York crime boss. The movie is one with a fast pace and a simple plot that an action fan would appreciate. If your in the mood for a good combo of actors in a suspenseful movie than you won't be disappointed.












Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading!